Saturday, March 12, 2005

Sleep

Last night my husband made up for any time he's shirked on baby duties in the last three months. I had my first "real" night of continuous sleep. I wasn't expecting it either. Apparently, he was tired, because I was on the phone with S for a while and when I came upstairs at a little after 7, he was already asleep on the couch. I did the nightly rountine, fed Grace a 7:00 bottle, hung out with her for a while, bath at 7:45 p.m., sleep on the couch, bottle at 10:00, and we both headed to bed at 10:30 p.m. Eric was still asleep, but I left the baby monitor on the coffee table, so he would wake up (it was his night.)

I woke up at 6:30 a.m. with no baby in bed with me. Usually, after Eric gets up and feeds her, he brings her in and lets her sleep with me, so he can go back to sleep on the couch. It is extremely hard to get her back to bed in her crib (on average it takes about 2 hours start to finish), so we cheat and let her go back to bed with me. Then I started freaking out thinking that the sound was down too low on the monitor and he never got up. I can't hear her from my room, so I got up and sneaked into the hallway...silence. I very quietly opened her door and saw she wasn't in her crib. I took that as a good sign and went back to bed.

I got up at 8:30 a.m. That's right I slept for 10 hours last night with just one waking. I feel so good today. The first words out of my mouth this morning were "Thank you." I haven't slept that long un-interrupted since December 11th. Wow.

No comments: