Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Last Week

I haven't updated much this week. Probably because I've been trying to update my Diet blog daily. Not too much is going on. I've been doing very good on my diet this week which is encouraging. It's kind of tough since I spent the last 10 months eating whatever my heart desired.

Eric and I have been "practising" this week for when I go back to work. It started with practising wake up times (which worked for me for 2 days). Now I've been going back to sleep with her in the mornings. We'll do it for real next week and I know from the 2 days we did do it, that I can get her fed, dressed, and me showered, dressed and ready for work on time. Eric and I are going to take turns on the night shift. He's had two this week. The first night she slept from 11:00 until 5:20 a.m. He actually asked me if I wanted to go ahead and take her, but I said no, and he did get up and get her. I took over at 6:00 a.m. and let him get ready for work. Last night was his second night and she got up at about 4:15 (I didn't get her to bed until 11:45). I think that was tougher for him. He never came back to bed and I got up at 6:30 and he was laying on the couch with her. Apparently he didn't even try to put her back to bed. I've still been napping this week, so we'll see how I do next week without the naps. I'll survive, I'm sure.

Tuesday I met with Grace's daycare again. I'm still really happy with them. They were all ready for her. She slept the whole time we were there and I think they were disappointed not to see her awake. They showed me her cubby (where to put her stuff) and her crib already had her name on it. We discussed drop off procedures, where to put her bottles, and they told me I can call as often as I want. They said even if it's 6 times a day, feel comfortable calling to see how she is. We went over her special bottles and what her current routine is like. I'm sure she'll be in good hands.

Well, she's acting like she's ready for her next bottle, so that's all for now.

No comments: