Monday, November 22, 2004

Ick

Today is not such a good day. It all started around 4ish a.m. (I think). During one of my routine trips to the restroom, I saw that the bedroom clock was flashing. For some reason we fairly regularly get power flashes that affect the TV and cable box, computer, and my bedroom clock. Anyway, I grabbed my watch, turned on the bedside light and reset the time and alarm and went back to sleep. After a fairly decent night of sleep, I got up at 7:00 a.m. I went downstairs to let the dog out and caught a glimpse of the clock on the cable box which said 8:00 a.m. Apparently at 4 something in the morning I can't read my watch and I set the time an hour off. I went upstairs and woke Eric up apologizing (he's supposed to be at work at 8:00). He washed his face, threw on some clothes and headed out. I decided I was going to go ahead and shower, etc, as I never oversleep and am never really "late" for work. As I was about to get in the shower, however, I realized that I had a client meeting scheduled at 8:30 a.m. downtown. No shower for me. I called the other guy I was meeting there to explain, and luckily I was only 15 minutes late. They were pretty understanding.

Then I got into the office around 10:00, we had a all-collegue conference call at 11 and then I had lunch, so I got basically nothing done all morning.

Then there are the pregnancy symptoms. I forget if I mentioned this, but my hands are swelling. I put on the ring I usually wear on my right hand. I noticed during the call that it seemed tight. I took it off and have the indention of the ring in my skin. So, I put it on my pinkie until I could get back to my desk. By the time I got back to my desk, I had the indention on my pinkie too. After lunch, I decided to play it safe and take off my wedding ring too. I wore it on my pinkie for the rest of the day, but that makes me sad. I never take off my wedding ring. I sleep in it, shower in it, I wear it all day every day. Now I need to find a chain or something. I haven't noticed any swelling in my feet or face though, so I suppose it could be worse.

I've also just felt really icky today. I was hot all day long. Other people freeze and I've got a sweat going. I'm glad this baby wasn't due in September or I'd really be in trouble. I've also felt slightly nauseous and still have that familiar crampy/achiness in my belly. It's nothing that I could time, so I don't think it's contractions, but every twinge makes me wonder. This afternoon, getting up and walking around was difficult (my hips really feel out of socket) and I just felt really blah. Tonight I haven't been able to get comfortable even on the couch, because I feel like I can't breathe.

I'm just complaining. These are the last few weeks of pregnancy and it makes since that I'm uncomfortable. I'm just readay to finish this week and then let the baby come whenever she wants (After Saturday).

I think I'm going to go wrap some Christmas presents, so maybe I can move up my comfort date to Friday.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Hang in there. I think I better move up my guess.