Friday, November 26, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving!

I know, I know, I'm a day late.

I guess I just updated on Wednesday, but it seems a like it's been a while. Wednesday I was very, very busy as I started reviewing my dishes to bring for Thanksgiving it seemed that almost everything needed to be done ahead of time, so I cooked. I made 3 dozen yeast rolls that required 2 1/2 hours for the dough to rise before turning into rolls and then another hour to rise before cooking. I made chicken broth (from boiling a whole chicken and peeling the meat from the bones) and homemade noodles. I made a fruity/cream cheese/whip cream salad/dessert (had to chill for at least 5 hours). And I made a homemade apple pie (using storebought crusts). Then finally at midnight, I got to go to bed.

Thanksgiving, Eric and I slept in a bit and then headed over to Will and Samaras. We got there about 10:30 a.m. The boys watched TV and Samara and I chatted and did some preparations. About 11:30 I started cooking my noodles in my homemade broth and then started peeling and cutting up the potatoes for my Mashed potatoes. The turkey was ready around 1:30 and we got to eat. The menu: Turkey, gravy, Chicken & Noodles, Mashed Potatoes, Rolls, Scalloped Corn, Mashed Yams, Deviled Eggs, Fruity Salad, Apple, and Pumpkin Pie. I might have forgotten something, but regardless, it was a whole lot of food for just 4 people (and 2 babies in utero). After dinner, we were all pooped, so we sat around the counches and finished watching the Colts game. After that we decided to break out the pie. After pie, we cleaned the rest of the stuff up and Eric and I headed back home. I was pretty pooped last night too. Eric tried to watch a little more football, but fell asleep on the couch by 7:00 p.m. I took a nice hot bath and then watched all the Thursday night shows while working on my cross-stitch.

Today, Eric had to go to work, but I stayed home and slept until 9:45 a.m. Samara called then and asked me to go to Babies R Us with her. I wasn't planning on shopping, but as Eric had fallen asleep so early the night before, he didn't bring up my Christmas decorations or move the furniture for me, so I couldn't work on decorating anyway. I met her at about 11:30. She ordered her crib and I found a toy I'd been looking for for my niece and finished up the Christmas shopping (except one item for Eric that needs to be ordered online and is currently unavailable). Then we went to Chile's for lunch. I ordered an appetizer combo and they messed it up, so they gave it to me for free. After lunch we decided to go over to Target where Samara needed a few items and we met the crazy shopper crowd. After that, Grace was starting to feel really heavy and I was ready to get home and off my feet. I got home around 3:30 p.m. and then took a nice little hour long nap. Once Eric got home I showed him where to move all the furniture, and he brought my decorations up from the basement. Then I decided to finish wrapping the rest of my Christmas presents. I decided not to start decorating tonight.

My plans for the rest of the weekend include: tonight - go sit on the couch and cross-stitch, tomorrow (Sat.) - put up the Christmas tree and decorations, address and get Christmas cards ready to send, possibly do some work from work (although now I'm pretty sure I'll be there next week, so I may not work now), and take a 37 week belly picture and measurements. Sunday - go to church, relax, work on the cross-stitch. It's been a nice long weekend.

Well, I better go get started on that TV watching. I hope you are all having great weekends too. By the way, can you believe my baby will be here in 3 weeks or less? All the sudden that doesn't seem that far away to me. Wow.

No comments: