Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Where Have I Been?

Ok, so I didn't get around to blogging on Tuesday or Wednesday. I used to update a couple days a week and now it's been over a week since my last post. Life has just been speeding past me at the speed of light.

Here are some highlights from the last week...

Last Tuesday I had my 6th CPCU exam. I hadn't studied quite as much as I should plus they scheduled Eric's Lithotripsy for the same day, so I tried to re-schedule. Unfortunately, I had already passed the window to move it, and it would have cost me alot to move to the next window, so Eric told me to take it anyway. My test was at noon and his procedure started at 1:30 p.m. I came home from work changed into jeans and a scarf (instead of my wig) and dropped him off at the Kidney Center. Then I drove up to take my test. Weird story about the test...When you sign in they make you leave everything in a locker except your ID. I put everything away and went to sign in and the proctor asked me if I was wearing the scarf for religious reasons. I said no, and he told me that headgear wasn't allowed in the testing room and I needed to put it in my locker. I probably could have argued with him, but I just did as he asked and took my test with my head uncovered. While I always am uncovered at home, I havent' been in public that way, so I was a little self-concious. At least my hair is growing back! I finished in about an hour and fifteen minutes and then drove back to the Kidney place. They had just took Eric into surgery, so I waited in the waiting room. After about a half hour they told me he was in recovery. Once he woke up a bit, I took him home. (Side note: As of now, a week later, I think he's passed all the little stones and this is finally behind us. They'll do a follow up appointment in another week to confirm).

Later last week, I got my results and I passed my test. What a relief. Now I just have two more to complete to get my designation (and my trip to the ceremony in Hawaii!)

Work kept me very busy too. Wednesday I had a big proposal for a client and Thursday I worked late again. That seems to be my thing.

Friday my parents came in for a long weekend. They were at my house before we got home from work. We went out to dinner at TGI Friday's and then went to Lowe's to get some supplies. The main purpose of the trip was for my dad to do some home repairs/handywork as a birthday gift. Here's a list of what he got done:
- Replace front storm door
- Change outside lighting on garage and front stoop
- Repair board off of fence
- Add shelving to garage
- Install shop light in garage
- Put up new mailbox
- Change lightbulbs in 2-story entryway
- Cut out 3 mold/mildew spots in bathroom and repair drywall
- Strip all wall paper from bathroom (I'll need to repaint now)
- Babyproof Grace's dresser and bookshelf
- Bring shelf/quiltrack for Grace's room (I'll need to stain to match)
There may have been more, but that's all I can think of at the moment. Also, my Mom stripped and waxed my kitchen floor.

Besides all the work going on at home, this weekend I went to the school and paid my tuition, paid for a parking pass, got a student ID, and purchased my books for my first college class in almost 5 years. Wow. Saturday, Grace had gymnastics and we went grocery shopping. Sunday, we went to church and for dinner went to Outback.

Monday I went to work and left my parents at home to work on their projects. I have come down with a nasty cold though and was so exhausted from the weekend, radiation, plus Grace was up coughing all night, that I came home after lunch and took a sick day.

Today, it was back to work and while I still don't feel great, I just couldn't call in. I was supposed to go to a hockey game with clients, but I did decide to get out of that. I thought relaxing at home sounded better.

So that catches me up. Still got some work to get done this week. I've got a Herceptin appointment tomorrow. This weekend we need to paint our bathroom, so we can put it back together and start using it again. I'm also due for an oil change and I think I want to get Grace's hair cut (just so it will have some kind of style). Wow, even my home life is busy.

I'll try to get more interesting soon. I don't want to lose all my readers by just complaining about being busy all the time.

No comments: