Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Cracking...

I need to rest more than I need to post, but I wanted to give a quick update.

We're still dealing with Eric's kidney stones. To make a long story short...
Saturday and Sunday - Eric rested on couch and kept taking painkillers

Monday - Eric tried to go to work, but came home by 9 a.m. because he needed more painkillers and couldn't take them at work.

Tuesday - He went to work until 1 p.m. and then headed to the ER. I waited for a phone call to tell me when to pick him up. At 7:30 he called and told me he was being admitted. I found someone to watch Grace while I went to check on him.

Wednesday - I planned on working until noon, but at 10 I got a call saying he was having surgery at 1 p.m. I left immediately and headed to the hospital. Surgery went ok, but the doctor was only able to remove one of the two stones. As a result he's staying another night in the hospital and may need another procedure. We'll find out tomorrow.

I hate that we have to deal with more sickness. Plus I've had to miss even more work and this is not a good week.

I just need to take it one day at a time. More later.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

I love how your ads at the top say "end pain killer addiction" and "stop pain now"....I clicked, but I fear Eric might still be hurting a bit and you might still need a vacation. It was worth a shot.

You're a rock girlie, hang in there and call us when you need too. See if you can get a punch card...10 hospital visits and you get a free year of med school!