Saturday, March 04, 2006

ER

After I came back upstairs last night, Eric told me he wasn't feeling well. He said that it felt like he might be getting a kidney stone. He took 4 tylenol and we watched a little TV. Around 11 p.m. he decided to take some percocet (I've got alot of left over pain killers laying around). I went upstairs around 12:30 a.m. and read for a bit before going to sleep around 1 a.m. When I went to bed, Eric was pretty sure it was a kidney stone, but since we had a good supply of pain killers he didn't think we needed to go to the ER. Around 3:00 a.m. I heard some noise. I checked the monitor and Grace was quiet. I came back downstairs and Eric had been getting sick. He said he took some more percocet and told me to go back to bed. A little after 4 a.m. he came in and woke me up and told us that we needed to go to the ER. I got Grace out of bed, threw a blanket over her, threw on some shoes and my glasses and got in the car. Eric said we could just drop him off and he'd call us in when he was done. However, on the way he was definately in alot of pain and was concerned about filling out the paperwork. We decided I'd go in until he got registered and settled. Grace was really good and didn't seem annoyed that she was up 3 hours early. Around 5:30 a.m. Eric had gotten his drugs and told us to go home and he'd call when done. We got home around 6 and I put Grace back to bed. I layed down and at 6:20 a.m. the phone rang. It was Eric telling us to come get him. I got Grace back up and we went to pick him up. When we got back, we got breakfast and then we tried to go back to bed around 7:30 a.m. Grace wasn't acting overly sleepy though and was talking in her crib, so I jumped in the shower (I wouldn't have been able to fall asleep with her talking through the monitor).

Around 9:30 a.m. Grace woke up again, so we decided to get up. I got everything togehter and then Grace and I went to Wal-Mart to fill Eric's prescriptions. It took a little longer than we hoped, so I was cutting time short. I called Eric and he was still out of it, so Grace and I went to her Baby Gymnastics class that started at 11:15 a.m. It was pretty fun. She was really clingy at the beginning and wouldn't try some of the activities, but by the end, she seemed to get more comfortable and acted like she was having a good time. I think we may sign her up for a regular class.

Eric pretty much slept all day. After gymnastics Grace and I had lunch and then took a 2 hour nap. We had a pretty good day once we caught up on our sleep.

I did forget the camera, so no gymnastics pictures. Although if we sign up for good, I think eric will come next week and we'll try to get some pics.

No comments: