Saturday, August 13, 2005

Very Very Busy

I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long, but things have been crazy. Grace is currently playing on the floor next to the computer and I don't know how long that will last, so I've got to be quick.

Last weekend I was running non-stop. Well, Friday night Eric and I rented a couple of movies and sat around eating pizza, but still. Saturday I spent all afternoon shopping/visiting with Samara. Grace and I got home in time for dinner and her bedtime ritual and then after bed, I went to the grocery store. Sunday we went to the 10:00 church service, grabbed some lunch, and headed to our softball tournament. We ended up winning 2nd place overall, but that meant games at 1 p.m., 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. Immediately after the last game, I headed straight back to church for Vacation Bible School from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. I worked in crafts.

Bible school ran Sunday through Thursday from 6:30 - 8:30. So my evenings have been busy. Monday night I got a call from an old friend from high school that happened to be in Dayton with her hubby and kids. She asked if we could get together for dinner on Tuesday. I cancelled at VBS, since I've only seen her once since my wedding 4 years ago and they drove over and we had dinner at Champps on Tuesday night. Despite being an hour and a half overdue for bedtime Grace was well-behaved and we had a good time. Wednesday, I was really busy trying to finish up things at work because I have 2 trips planned and won't be in the office until Wednesday next week. I stayed at the office until 6:10 and then went straight to VBS. I got home and packed for my trip. Thursday I flew to Chicago for some training for a new job responsibility I've been given. Thursday night I had dinner and got to hang out with Danialle. Friday the training lasted until 4:30 p.m. then I headed back to the airport for my 7p.m (central) flight. I got home from the airport around 10 p.m.

Today I'm just hanging out at home and trying to get some domestic duties done. I am working on sending out Grace's 6 month pictures (yes, I realize she's 8 months now) and I need to make the grocery list, etc. I also didn't have access to my e-mail at the hotel, so I need to check in for work.

Monday I go back to Chicago for a different meeting and will get in late on Tuesda. After that, things should slow back down. So, see I have been busy, not just lazy.

Grace is getting antsy, so I'm going to go play with her. Later I'll come back and do her 8 month update. Wow, where does the time go.

No comments: