Monday, August 01, 2005

Another Week

Nothing much going on here, but I thought I should write something. We just had a nice relaxing, nothing planned kind of weekend. Well, originally we had things planned, but they were out of town things, and Eric always works the last weekend of the month, so we stayed put. Originally, I was supposed to go to a High School friend's baby shower back in Indiana on Saturday, and then my cousin got married on Sunday afternoon. Unfortunately with Eric's work schedule, he couldn't have left until Saturday afternoon, which would have killed the shower idea. I didn't want to drive that far with Grace by myself. And then the wedding was at 4 p.m. on Sunday, so we probably would have had take today off work. Nothing seemed to work out, so we didn't do anything.

Saturday I got lucky and Grace slept until 8:30 a.m. Eric was already at work before we got up. Didn't do much around home, just some laundry, ran the vacuum, and then did some shopping errands. Saturday evening, our neighbors came over and we grilled steaks out and played some games. We always take turns dog-sitting when we go out of town, but we haven't really done anything social in a long time. It was nice to spend time without asking for a favor.

Sunday we had church and then a 2:00 p.m. softball game. After the game we just hung out at home and relaxed. It was actually very, very nice.

This week my company bought us tickets for a family night at the Minor Leauge baseball game. We'll go and hang out with others from work. Friday, I have "summer hours" so I'll get to leave at noon. Not really anything else planned.

Next week will be very busy. Sunday is our softball tournament and then VBS starts Sunday evening through Thursday evening. This year I'm doing crafts. I have to miss the last night for a work meeting in Chicago that will be Thursday and Friday. I'll catch dinner with Danialle on Thursday though. Then on Monday I'll head back to Chicago for a baseball game in the evening and a different meeting on Tuesday.

Can't think of much more to talk about. I did download some of our Chicago pics in Flickr. I'm also planning on eventually organizing my pictures into Albums and also trying to figure out how to get the video I took of Grace playing online. I don't think I can host it on Flickr and I'm not sure how much space it will take on Ripway. I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, this is quicker than email. Just wanted to let you guys know that our zip code changed it is now APO AE 09334

Take Care