Friday, August 19, 2005

Forward Progress

Ok, I'm calling it. Today we officially had forward motion. Grace can crawl.

She isn't quite up to chasing the dog around yet, but I saw her put one hand in front of the other and make two "steps" forward before falling back down to her belly.

This week she has also learned how to get from her belly or hands and knees, back to a sitting position. This is helping her move around. She will move towards something then back into a sitting position and lunge forward in a different direction.

I have a feeling she could be scooting all over the place by the end of the weekend. She is also trying to pull herself to standing. She has been grabbing the edge of the coffee table and trying to pull up. Yesterday she made it to her knees. Tonight she was playing on the floor and Eric and I weren't paying attention to what she was doing. All of the sudden we heard the music from her Jumperoo and we looked over and she had crawled over to it and grabbed ahold of it and was trying to get the toys attached to it. Then tonight while I was running her bath water, I left her on the floor in her room. I can see into her room from the bathroom, so I looked back and couldn't see her. I went to see where she had gone, and she had crawled over to her dresser and had pulled herself to her knees.

We have lowered her crib mattress, so I think we're ok there, but I really need to do the babyproofing. We have already covered the outlets, but we need to do the cabinets and just look around for any other issues. Tonight she scooted over to the wall by the door in the entry way and was playing with the door stop. She pulled the plastic cap off of the spring. I was watching her and took it away before she put it in her mouth, but I have a feeling we are going to have our hands full. Makes me glad I'm taking an Infant/Child CPR class tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I added some pictures to my Flickr account. A couple random ones plus pictures from her first baby-pool experience last weekend. I have a couple more to add, but I had some camera/computer issues tonight and didn't feel like messing with it anymore tonight.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yippie! Grace is on the move!!!! Watch out world!

She is such a cutie in her bikini... looks like it matches her little pool!

Taylor said...

Tristyn just started crawling too and boy does life change once they are mobile! LOL! I just took a CPR class yesterday and I'm so glad that I did. I really learned a lot.