Monday, July 18, 2005

Vacation!

This week I'm on vacation and so excited about it. Here's what I have planned:

Monday (today) - Eric went to work and took Grace to day-care. I went back to sleep until 9:45 a.m. and then cleaned house all day. Eric came home (sans Grace) around 1:00 p.m. and mowed the yard, took Zeus to get his nails trimmed. and then went to get his hair cut before picking up Grace. I gave Zeus a bath and then I went to Target and then came home and took Grace for a walk before our nightly routine. I also managed to make a healthy dinner and work out this evening. After posting I'm going to start on my bible study! Also planning on revising the budget tonight.

Tuesday - When we all get up, we're taking Grace to day-care and Eric and I are having a date-day! We are planning on playing Putt-Putt, going to a movie and having a quiet lunch. Yeah!

Wednesday - We're going to keep Grace home. I'm planning on scheduling a massage for the AM and then maybe meeting up for some shopping (not planning on buying) to get us out of the house and let Eric relax a bit. Also need to do laundry.

Other items to work on in the early part of the week include finishing writing all information in the photo albums (dates, names, etc.)and baby proofing the drawers and cabinets.

Thursday - Pack in the morning for our trip to Chicago! I've been starting lists in my head, but will probably do all the packing on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. Our flight leaves at 4-ish (I'll check on that before we go).

Friday - Still need to discuss plans with Danialle, but I'm thinking we'll go the Acquarium and do some sightseeing. Maybe a casual dinner out (with healthy choices of course!)

Saturday - Beach in the AM and some Magnificiant Mile shopping/browsing in the afternoon. Dinner out (our treat to our hosts).

Sunday - Return trip back home.

I already know this week will be too short. Good news so far is that my house is clean and I can relax.

Oh, and if you are wondering why I'm still taking Grace... We have to pay the daycare whether she's there or not, so if I have things I need to get done, I take advantage of the babysitting service we already are paying for. That's why tomorrow we're doing a day-time date! We've already paid for the childcare.

Speaking of childcare, we had an "incident" today. Grace was playing with a toy and Alex (he's about a year old) wanted her toy. She wouldn't give it to him, so he bit her and took it away. Poor thing. She has a little bite mark on her arm where he bit her. It didn't break the skin, so I'm not too concerned. I'm trying to be reasonable, as in the future, it could be Grace doing the biting!

No comments: