Thursday, July 28, 2005

Still Here

People have been getting on me about my lack of updates. I'm still around, just been busy (or not really feeling like being on the computer).

My vacation went very well last week. I got most things done that I planned on (except babyproofing!). Our trip to Chicago was also very nice, although the mood wasn't quite as planned. We almost cancelled our trip because Danialle was going to be gone most of the weekend for the funeral, and it didn't feel right to just go ahead and have "fun." We ended up deciding to just go ahead and go, and Danialle let us use their apartment while they were out of town.

I would love to post some pictures of our vacation. In Chicago, Grace took her first ride on the "El." We went to the acquarium, saw Wrigley field, and had lunch at ESPN Zone. However, our camera is currently saying that our memory card is corrupted, so we may have lost all of those pictures.

Things are a little busy at work, as they usually are after getting back from vacation. To top it off, for some reason my e-mail at work is malfunctioning. I am receiving messages, but nothing I send is getting there. This has been going on since very late afternoon on Tuesday. I'm hoping it will be fixed by the time I get in in the morning.

Things are good at home. Grace had some new firsts. I gave her apple juice for the first time. She really liked it and I just screwed a bottle cap with a fast flow nipple on a baby-size serving of juice and she drank it herself! I was very proud of her, because she's used to having us squeeze her bottles, so the fact that she drank it without help is a plus! I also gave her a "Biter Biscuit" and she loved it. It is very messy though, so she can only have it when she's wearing only a diaper. She also has a new thing where she goes cross-eyed when you are feeding her. I think she tries to follow the spoon into her mouth. It is really freaky looking.

Can't think of much more to say. I'll try to come up with some good posts in the near future. Feel free to leave a comment about what you'd like to hear about.

No comments: