Saturday, May 28, 2005

Waiting

I've been waiting all weekend for my best friend Samara's baby to be born. I know I shouldn't talk, it's tons harder on her!

Anyway, she called around 8 a.m. on Friday morning saying she thought she was in labor. She was having contractions and lost her mucus plug. I had a short day at work anyway, so we kept in touch and she wasn't heading to the hospital yet. By mid-morning they were regular and about 10 minutes apart but not painful. In the afternoon, things slowed down and we didn't end up going to the hospital.

I checked in first thing this morning and still nothing was going on. However, apparently around noon they started up again and now have become "uncomfortable." Samara's been keeping her doctor up to date and the doctor said if they established a regular pattern again she could go into the hospital to be checked. She called me around 4:00 p.m. and said the doctor gave her the go ahead to go to the hospital and get checked out. So that's where they are now. Until she's admitted to Labor & Delivery she's in the triage area and you are only allowed one person with you, so I told her to call me if they admitted her and I would head over. I tried to call her cell a little bit ago and got no answer. It's been two hours and it's killing me!

On a good note. If they send her home tonight, she is scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m., so Bean should definately be here tomorrow! I'll post pictures later this weekend!

No comments: