Sunday, May 15, 2005

Date Weekend

This weekend, Eric and I celebrated our 4th anniversary (technically it was Thursday, but we celebrated on Saturday). Friday evening Eric's mom came in from Indiana. She got in about 6:30 p.m. and got to observe our night time routine with Grace. We ordered pizza for dinner and caught up on some of the TV shows we TiVo'd this week.

Saturday morning Grace woke up at about 6:15 a.m. I didn't want to get her up until 6:30, so I turned the monitor down, and set my alarm for 6:30 a.m. When it went off, Grace had already fallen back to sleep, so I turned the monitor back up and went back to sleep until she woke up again at about 7:15 a.m. We got up and had breakfast. I showed Donna how to do her cereal and bottle, and then I let Grace play with Nana and I went back to sleep until about 9:45 a.m. (Thank you!). Eric and I both got up and Grace was taking a nap downstairs. I went to the grocery store, since we were completely out of food. When I got back, we showered, dressed, packed and left the house around 12:30 p.m.

We decided to spend the day downtown. We went to the mall first. Eric was in the mood to shop, so first we stopped by Victoria's Secret. I had a bra fitting, since I haven't been fitted after the baby. I am now a 36D. Wow! I sort of hope that stays that way even if I lose the rest of this baby weight. Then we went to Kaufmann's to look for some clothes for Eric. He purposely didn't pack any nice clothes, so he would be forced to buy something for dinner. They had a nice Men's section and were having a sale on dress clothes. Eric ended up buying 3 nice pairs of slacks, and 3 dress shirts, and a belt for about $350. I don't think he's ever spent that much on clothes. (He just got a bonus at work though, so thankfully it didn't come directly out of the budget). After all that shopping, Eric was ready to get out of the mall.

We walked back to the car (I parked at work, so we wouldn't have to pay) about 3 blocks and realized it was getting very windy and looked like rain. We picked up our suitcase and walked the block and 1/2 to the hotel. We checked in and hung out for a little while. I took a bath and shaved my legs, ironed one of Eric's new shirts and we both got dressed.

We had dinner at a new Italian place called Due Amici. It's very modern on the inside and has very yummy food. It was only about 4 or 5 blocks from the hotel, but it had started raining, so we took a cab. Dinner was very, very yummy, but didn't take us hardly any time. We had a 5:00 p.m. reservation and were out by 6:15 p.m. We got another cab and headed to the "Arena District" to a trendy bar/restaurant to pass about an hour until our evening plans began.

At about 7:30 p.m. we got another cab and headed to the Palace Theater to see Kevin James (from the King of Queens) in his stand-up act. It was very funny. Even his opener was good. The show lasted until about 10:00 p.m. and then we headed back to the hotel.

Probably the best part for me was sleeping in. Although, I woke up around 8 a.m., I kept making myself go back to sleep until we decided to get up around 9:30 a.m. We packed up and headed back to the house. We visited with Donna when we got back and she left around 11 a.m. Grace had been up since 6:30 a.m., so I put her down for a nap. She only slept about 20 minutes, so then I brought her into my room and napped with her until about 1:45 p.m. She got up had another bottle and then we got ready for the softball game.

Eric and I play on a church softball team and today was our first game. Overall it went pretty well. I started playing Shortstop and then moved to catcher (I tried not to take it personally, it has been 7 years since I've put on a glove). You have to have 5 girls on the team, so we had to recruit a girl off of another team (she took my place at shortstop) and we all got to play the whole time. I did get on base twice and scored one run. We had a great last inning (needed 2 to tie and 3 to pull ahead), we scored 5! They came back and scored 2, but we still won! Now I just thought I'd update and in 10 minutes, we'll start watching the Survivor season finale. Then back to work.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Belated 4th Anniversary!

We'll be celebrating our 4th in August.....