Monday, June 28, 2004

Weekend Update

I’m taking a moment to do my weekend update. It wasn’t a bad weekend, although, I think traveling while pregnant is not very fun.

Friday
I got a lot done at work. Yeah! Then I decided to take a short nap when I got home. Eric came in and decided to lay down with me at about 6:00 p.m. I got up at about 7:00 p.m. and Eric just kept sleeping. I took a nice bath and then the neighbors called. They were playing Putt Putt, so I decided to go join them. I tried to wake Eric up, but he was out. I played a game of miniature golf and went to get ice cream with them. I got home around 10:00 p.m. and had a brief conversation with my Father-In-Law. Eric was still out, so I went next door to hang out a little more and watch some TV. I came home and went to bed around midnight. Eric was still asleep.

Saturday
I woke Eric up at 8:00 a.m. to go into the office (14 hours of sleep!) I slept a little later, and got up around 9:30 a.m. I puttered around, not expecting Eric until around noon. He got home around 10:30 a.m. and I had to get our stuff together. We ended up leaving around 11:00 a.m., but had to stop at Wal-Mart to pick up Logan’s birthday gift and then get some lunch. By 12:00 we were on the road. We got into Gary & Christie’s around 4:00 p.m. (3 Indiana time). We had a really nice afternoon. The weather was great and we sat outside on their patio enjoying the company and the new water feature in the backyard. Eric’s uncle Leonard and aunt Vicki stopped by and Gary grilled us some ribs that were so yummy. When it started to get dark, Gary built a fire and we turned on the TV outside and watched a movie. It was like a drive in. I also used the Doppler and let them here a live show of the Little One. One other really cool thing is that they have offered to help us pay for our crib. It’s so awesome. I’d really been debating on getting what I really wanted or something cheaper online. Now that it won’t be quite so much for us out of pocket, I think we’ll really get what we want. It’s an investment because this crib will eventually become a full size bed and be used until the Little One goes to college.

Sunday
We got up and had some homemade biscuits and gravy for breakfast. After breakfast, Eric and I decided to head on down to Bloomington to Kyle & Leslie’s. The party for Logan really got under way at about 1:00 p.m. Indiana time. We ate and stayed for presents and cake, and then left at around 4:00 p.m. (Ohio time). We got home around 7:30 p.m. and I felt like I’d been hit with a truck. I was so achy and sore. I also got a headache Sunday morning that didn’t go away until about 10:00 a.m. today. I took a bath when I got home and just layed on the couch for the rest of the evening.

On an unrelated note. My Internet is down at home. I’m not sure why. I called today to order Road Runner, so we should have cable internet as soon as Saturday. It’s painful that I won’t be able to update from home, but we’ll survive. I’ll work on my weekly update for tomorrow hopefully. Also, I’ve been doing some research on 3D ultrasound places. I found one in Cincinnati that looks cool (and affordable), now I’m not sure if I want my doctor to agree to do it or not. If Dr. D says no on Thursday, I’ll make an appointment at this place. I’m going to aim for the weekend of July 17th if we schedule our own.

No comments: