Friday, June 11, 2004

Thoughts on Pregnancy

I haven’t updated in a while, so before I jump into my overwhelming workload today, I thought I’d do a quick entry. I’m tired again. I thought I was getting past that, but this week has wiped me out. I think a big part of it has to do with my current work situation. Since they eliminated the position of the woman who worked most closely with me (with the exception of my boss), I’ve had to pick up a lot of her workload. She had one client that I didn’t work on, that seems to consume enormous amounts of time, plus the boss was out while I was trying to piece things together and I have to help the new admin person on the account piece things together too. This has resulted in people coming to me with questions on this account that I don’t readily have the answers to, so I have to dig through piles of information and e-mail people I’ve never worked with and try to find the answers. My boss came back yesterday and despite all the questions that arose over the past 4 work days, we didn’t have much left to ask him. I’d already figured most of it out.

Anyway, those issues or the combination of the growth spurt the baby must be having has made me long for my bed by 9:30 p.m. I’ve been giving in a lot too. Another piece of good news, I think I’ve adjusted to maternity wear. This morning I considered some non-maternity pants that could still work. I put them on and had to suck in to button. While, they did button, I decided against them. I’m now used to the freedom of the elastic waistband and not getting that pesky outline of the inside button on your stomach by the end of the day. People’s comments have all been positive too. Unless they are talking about me behind my backs, no one seems to think I look ridiculous. If anything, more people have noticed that I’m “showing.” Now don’t get me wrong, maternity clothes are designed to accentuate that your stomach is no longer flat, and I look more pregnant in clothes than out of them at this point. BUT…I also look pregnant in my sweats and T-shirt, so this is definitely for real. I love it. It has become a bit more difficult to get comfortable on the couch or in bed though. I’m sure it will get much worse, but the point is that now I am noticing changes.

Last topic, the heartbeat. I still love the sound. I still listen daily, but I think it’s safe to say that when I pull out the Doppler, I’m not listening for reassurance or because I’m scared or worried. Right now, it’s all about love. It has gotten easier to find the heartbeat this week. When I do find it, it’s such a strong distinct sound. The coolest part is that if I find it, I’ll hold the probe completely still and just listen. I’ll hear it for a while, and then usually it will fade a bit or I’ll hear a bubbly kind of sound (think VH-1’s Pop-Up Video). Then sometimes the heartbeat will completely fade. The baby moves. Then I have to move the probe to find it again. I love the thought that this tiny baby is moving and kicking and growing in there. Just a few more weeks and I’ll be able to feel those movements. I really can’t wait to feel those kicks.

Ahh, I must be glowing.

2 comments:

Mrs. T said...

I was wondering if we'd hear anything from you this week. ha ha I imagine picking up that extra workload has really tired a pregnant mamma out! Will they be reassigning anything (this client)? I imagine once you get to know the client and their needs it will go much smoother. I can't wait to see you and your belly in July. The pics don't do it any justice right now! I'm so glad you can relax now and enjoy everything that is happening, too!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!!! Thanks for the updates. Makes it easier not to be close to ya. I bet there is an energy radiating off you like nothing else.

Can't wait to see you! - Miz. D.