Monday, December 05, 2005

Random Thoughts

I don't feel like I have much to write about, but thought I should give some sort of update.

Last week went well with Eric's Dad here to help us out. He arrived very late on Tuesday night. Wednesday morning I had to go have my bloodwork done. My white counts were low and I think it's added some fatigue this week. I went to work for the rest of the day Wednesday. Thursday I worked until noon and then came home to help out. Thursday night we went out to dinner with Eric's Dad for Eric's birthday. We fed Grace off of our plates and I think she enjoyed the variety. Friday I worked until noon and then Eric's Dad headed home.

I didn't do much this weekend. I did manage to get to the stores to finish my Christmas shopping. Sunday I was on my own with Grace as Eric and Will drove over to Indianapolis for the Colts game. The tickets were my birthday present to him.

I was super busy at work today. People are starting to really take advantage of the time I'm in the office (in a good way). It makes me feel valued and hopefully it will show when performance reviews are done in the near future. I had a client lunch today which was nice. I have a conference call on Wednesday and also on Wednesday I have another CPCU exam to take. I should be studying now, but blogging sounds like more fun.

My brother made it home. He's back in Iowa as of late Saturday night. I got to talk to him on Sunday. He got a new cell phone. He (and my parents) are coming to Grace's birthday party on the 17th.

As for a cancer update:
- I mentioned my white counts were low this week. They were a little higher than my last low week, but still way down.
- I'm fatigued this week. Not really sure if it's the white count or every thing else, but this isn't my best week.
- My hair didn't finish falling out. I really thought that in the 2 week range after my last treatment that the rest of it would go. It didn't. I don't really have a preference either way. It definately got thin enough that I need a wig or other head covering, so I don't regret the buzz cut. I just think it's weird.
- I got my period. I know that's really random, but one of the side effects is stopping of menstration. I have still been mostly charting my cycles and this one was 45 days. I also know I didn't ovulate, but the fact that I had a period makes me think it might be a good sign for future fertility.
- Friday is round 3 and I'm not looking forward to it. The only good thing is that my friend Erica is coming to stay on Friday night. It will be nice to see her and she's the kind of friend that I don't mind being sick and in my sweats in front of. She's also volunteered to help me wrap Christmas presents this weekend. Yeah!

This was a boring post, but that's what's going on. Plans for tonight include trying to get my Christmas cards ready to mail and studying for my exam. I seriously better get better at this studying thing before I start classes for med school. I've got to get good grades on the pre-requisites so I can get in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello from Florida! Just thought I'd share that my hair never completely fell out either. I looked bald but on close inspection, blond fuzz still covered my head. If you go to my blog and look at the photo gallery, there is a pic of my bald head -- look closely and you'll see the fuzz. Also, my period stopped late in the chemo process, was gone for about four months, and then came back and still is not regular or predictable, 9 months after my last AC chemo. My OB/GYN looked at my ovaries and could tell they were functioning so that's all I wanted to know. Someday, the regularity will come back. I hope.

It seems that you are doing very well and are managing to function through the madness of chemo. Hang in there!

Sincerely,
Jacki Donaldson
www.jackidonaldson.com