Thursday, December 08, 2005

Follow Up

It’s been a busy week. Work has been very busy. People are starting to make sure they use me while I’m in the office. It’s nice to feel needed, but it’s hard because I have to try to get stuff done while I’m in the office, but still keep everyone else in the loop for when I’m out. In the evenings, I’ve been busy too. Monday and Tuesday I tried to study for my CPCU exam which I took yesterday afternoon. It’ll be a couple of days until I get the results, but I’m hopeful that this time I passed.

Tuesday I had another follow-up appointment at Dr. L’s office. As always I had to wait about an hour before she saw me. She checked out my incisions and said they looked good. Our next appointment will be in February and she wants me to get a mammogram and CBC prior to that appointment. It will be close to 6 months since diagnosis. I asked her about getting a follow-up CT of my lungs to check on the spot, but she said to coordinate that with Dr. Y. Since he wanted to do a MUGA scan every 3 or 4 months, I may try to schedule those together sometime in January or February. I also asked how long I’ll keep my port and again she said it will be up to Dr. Y and I. My guess is I’ll want to keep it until we’re done with Herceptin. I’m not really fond of the idea of having to find a vein every 3 weeks for treatment. There was a research assistant who caught me on my way out and wants to discuss a genetic study they are doing. He gave me the information and will try to catch me at another appointment to discuss, but they do a blood test to look for a genetic mutation. This is not the genetic testing for the BRAC1 and BRAC2 genes, but a different gene they are trying to get information on. I’ll probably do it, it’s free and only costs me a vial of blood.

Tomorrow is chemo number three. I’ve been dreading this one for some reason. Maybe because I feel like I know what to expect now. I’m also missing my holiday party for work. Bummer. The bright note is that my friend Erica and her husband are driving over tomorrow to stay for the weekend. Hopefully, I’ll feel well enough to enjoy their company. If not, at least I know they’ll keep Grace entertained while I rest. So because we’re having company tomorrow, tonight is operation clean-the-house. Eric’s volunteered to help though, so it shouldn’t take us too long.

2 comments:

Kitten said...

Good luck today! And you would guys knock off the house cleaning!! These visits are supposed to be us coming to help you!

Get well tootsie.

Mrs. T said...

See you tonight! Can't wait!

Ditto what Danialle said!