Sunday, December 11, 2005

Chemo #3 & Lovely Visitors

Chemo #3 is in the books, but so far today (Sunday Day #3) I feel the worst. However, I haven't had breakfast yet, so maybe I'll go try that and then come back and see how I feel.

Food helps. I feel a little better.

Friday my appointment was at 11:45 a.m., but things took much longer than normal. They seemed super busy, so I didn't even get the IVs started until about an hour later than normal. Usually the whole process takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Friday we were there until 4 p.m.

I took another break until 7:30 p.m. I've felt pretty awful today. Doing ok right now, but I should probably eat dinner soon before the nausea comes back full force.

Where was I...oh yes...Friday. We picked Grace up on the way home and I took about an hour nap before our guests arrived. I actually didn't feel that bad on Friday. A coworker had dropped dinner off, so I let everyone else eat that and I had a bowl of chicken noodle soup. We also let Grace open her birthday and Christmas presents from Eric and Erica. Erica helped me get Grace to bed and I followed just after 9 when I started to feel bad.

I think the steroid gives me sleeping issues, so Saturday I got up before at about 7:30, about an hour before Grace. Eric went to work for a little bit and the rest of us just hung out until Eric came home from work. When Grace took her morning nap, Erica and I started on the huge job of wrapping Christmas presents. The guys went out and did a little shopping. Eric T needed to get some boots and I needed my Eric to pick up a cord to hook up a scanner that Erica and Eric brought us and I needed to replace the batteries in the baby swing we had borrowed. The guys brought lunch home and after lunch Grace was ready for her afternoon nap. I was ready for a nap too, but my friend Tammy was coming by to visit for a little bit and pick up her baby stuff I borrowed. Her second child is due at the end of Janurary and I had her bouncy seat and swing, so she needed to pick it back up. She brought Jonathan (who is two now) and I finally had to go get Grace up from her nap so they could play a bit. After they left, I took about an hour nap and we put Grace back down for a little longer. We decided to venture out to dinner and we ate at Red Robin. I'd never been there, but it was pretty good. We ordered mac & cheese off the kids menu for Grace and she seemed to enjoy it. We ended up being out past her bedtime though, so she didn't go to bed until 8:30 p.m. Erica and I decided to finish up wrapping the presents and in the process found that the dog had found the Hershey's Pot of Gold chocolates I had purchased for a gift for my father-in-law. I didn't think he would mess with it because it was underneath a couple other items, plus wrapped in saran wrap and in a cardboard box, but Zeus found it anyway. He ate 21 turtle chocolates. He was a sick doggy Saturday night, but is back to himself today.

I didn't sleep well last night, so again I got up around 7:30 a.m. I took all my drugs and ate some oatmeal, but it didn't help that much. Erica and Eric left around that time before Grace and Eric got up. I layed back down until around 8:30 when the rest of the family got up. I really felt sick though, so I layed back down around 10:30. Eric came in around noon and told me Grace was napping and he was going to BW3s to watch the Colts game. Grace and I both got up around 1 and ate some lunch. Then the next 3 hours were really rough. I felt really sick, but I put the baby gate up and Grace had the run of living room and kitchen while I layed on the couch. Around 4, Grace started acting tired again, so we both layed back down for an hour until Eric got home. He's been entertaining her this evening while I have been lounging on the couch. Yuck. I took some more medicine after my nap and around 6:30 finally started to feel a little better. It feels like it's wearing off though, so I'm going to try to eat something before I feel too sick. Hopefully, I'll make it through the survivor season finale tonight.

Tomorrow is Grace's birthday, so I'd like to update for her, although her party isn't until next weekend.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Oh my...you might call the vet or keep a close eye on Zeus. I hear chocolate is the worst things for doggies!! I'll make Kaboom say a few extra doggie prayers tonight, although Zeus sounds like it didn't effect him!

I'm so sad you feel sick. :( Sounsd like a good visit though. Just stay horizontal as much as possible. Only 2 more months of it tootsie...hang in there.

Happy Birthday GRACIE! You're the sweetest little monkey I know!