Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Brain Fog

I feel icky. I feel bad complaining, but I should get a chance to do that on occassion, right?

I'm so tired. I think the fatigue thing has set in. It probably doesn't help that it's all rainy outside. Yesterday, I went back to bed at 8:00 a.m. (after Eric and Grace left for work) and slept until 10:30 a.m. Then I went to lunch with some work friends and was wiped out. I came home and napped from 2 to 3:30 p.m. and then picked Grace up around 5. I could hardly keep my eyes open until 10 p.m. yesterday. This morning I got up with Grace at 7. My underarm incision is starting to hurt again, so I wonder if I may be overdoing it. I managed to get her fed and ready for daycare before going back to bed. I got up at 10 and have been just sitting on the couch for the last hour. I don't even know what to do. Everything seems like it would take too much energy. I've got an appointment with Dr. L this afternoon, we'll see what she says about my stitches. Tomorrow morning I have a CBC, I wouldn't be surprised if my white counts have dropped a bit. Maybe that would explain why I'm so wiped out. My throat was a little sore this morning too.

Seems like I should have had a purpose to this post other than to complain, but I can't seem to find it. I don't even have pictures to post. Eric took the camera to work, so I'll have to wait until later to post Grace's Halloween pictures. Well, I'm going to try to find something fairly productive to do that doesn't take too much energy. Can't believe I might go back to work this week. At least I'd feel like less of a bum, but I'm not sure how I'll do without the naps.

I'll try to find something better to post about later. I'm sure I'll pull out of this funk.

3 comments:

Mrs. T said...

Don't feel bad complaining. You have every right to be tired and take naps! You have been through a lot already. Take advantage. I'd love to be able to take naps during the day. :D

Kitten said...

I agree. It isn't complaining. The doctor told you that it would last through Tuesday of the following week, so take some comfort and just focus on getting through this. Yes, I desparately want to see what Grace looked like in her costume, but sometimes you gotta post and rant a bit, right?

Let us know what the doctor says.
xoxo-Kitten

Anonymous said...

If you found out your blood counts came back low, that'll account for a lot. You'll be amazed at how much better you'll feel if you get a transfusion. Don't forget that chemo is still swimming around killing all kinds of cells to make sure all the cancer is gone. That's hard work, no wonder you're tired! Don't feel bad about getting rest, your body is at war and it gets tired.