Monday, June 27, 2005

Random Ramblings

I haven't updated much lately about the regular goings on of life. I feel like we've been busy, but I can't really think of anything specific going on.

I do know we've got alot planned for the near future. This weekend for the 4th my parents are coming to visit. I don't have much planned except for Fireworks on Monday. Luckily they don't really need to be entertained, they just want to see us. Friday will be the 6th anniversary of my engagement. Here's the story, just in case you are curious.

In between my Junior and Senior year of college I had an internship in Chicago for the summer. I only had a few weekends I was going to see Eric and because of the way it fell, we got a long weekend for the 4th, so I went home. My extended family always has this big 4th of July cookout. It's just alot of fun and our family is really welcoming, so lots of times in-laws come too. We invited Eric's Mom to come too. That Saturday morning Eric and his Mom showed up at my house. I was so excited to see him, since I hadn't seen him in about a month. We went to the party and after everyone had finished eating, Eric got everyone's attention. I don't remember the exact words, but his proposal went something like this, "While Jennifer has been away it's made me realize just how special she is and how much I love being with her. It's kind of ironic that as we are celebrating Independence Day, I want to commit my life to the woman I love." He then got down on one knee, pulled out the ring, and said, "Jennifer, will you marry me?" Of course I said yes. The really cool thing is that my parents knew he was going to do it, so they brought their video camera and have the whole proposal on tape. They even played it at our wedding.

So after that random story, here's the rest of my upcoming plans. The weekend of July 9th, I have another GWO. As always, I'm really excited. This one will be at Samara's and imagining a big slumber party. I'm bringing Grace, so it'll be the girls and babies! Samara and I went shopping last weekend, so she's had a trial run at leaving the house for an extended period of time with the baby. I think there will be enough extra hands to help out!

Then I have a weekend off, but Eric and I are taking vacation at the same time July 18-23. We are going to go to Chicago with Grace and stay with Danialle Thursday through Sunday of that week (I'll send you my flight plans, Danialle :)

Then the last weekend of July, I'm heading back to Indiana (not sure if Eric can come with me), but one of my old highschool friends is having a baby shower on the 30th and then my cousin is getting married on the 31st.

Not sure what we're doing in August yet, but time just keeps flying by. Well, I'm sort of putting off packing. I have a business trip tomorrow and am staying overnight, so I need to get my bag packed. Imagine that, I only tend to blog when I'm procrastinating!

Oh, and one more thing...send a prayer out for my friend Erica. This month looks really promising and we'd really, really like for her to finally get that positive pregnancy test. Two years is long enough to wait, don't you think?

No comments: