Sunday, June 26, 2005

6 Month Dr's Appointment

We had Grace's 6 month check up on Thursday last week. It went pretty well and was fairly quick since I didn't have too many questions.

Stats: 18 pounds, 3 ounces (90th percentile) and 26 inches long (50th percentile). Her head circ. was average too. She appears to be reaching all developmental milestones and the doctor said it looks like one of her teeth is "close" to coming in.

I asked about feeding, as I think that she's ready for Stage 2 foods. Dr. H said that it sounds like we're doing the right thing as far as how much she's eating. She said it's fine to try out some Stage 2's. She said as she starts to want more, not to increase her milk intake, just add more solids, however, she should still take most of her nutrients through her bottles. Not quite ready to start a sippy cup yet, but I can give her water or juice in a bottle if I want to, but she doesn't really need it yet.

After seeing the doctor, the nurse came back and Grace got two shots. The first one seemed to surprise her and then the second one just made her mad! She stopped crying as soon as I picked her back up though, and even gave the nurse another smile before she left the room.

That was about it. I somehow had a credit on account, so I didn't have to pay the co-pay and the nurse gave us a free package of Infant Motrin and 5 sample size containers of formula, plus 8 $1-formula "checks." I think we came out ahead.

No comments: