Monday, April 11, 2005

Baby Jeckle and Hyde

We had a wonderful weekend. I got a small dose of the refreshment I get by spending time with my best friends, but it was of course way too short.

Friday I took the day off work and spent it with Grace. I didn't get near as much done as I wanted too, but I did finish the laundry, take Grace by my office to see everyone, find the last ingredients for my shower foods at the organic market, make a cheeseball, and bake the crust for my fruit pizza. I didn't finish the Baby Bingo boards though, so when Erica arrived just after 8:00, we had to go finish them. Grace decided she wasn't going to sleep, so we fought with her a bit. Finally she went to bed around 10:30 p.m. and we followed shortly thereafter.

Saturday was the perfect day. Grace slept until 5:30 a.m. (in her crib) and then when she woke up I kept her in my bed until 7:30 a.m.! Then we got up, had a bottle, showered, dressed and went to pick Danialle up at the airport. We had a little free time for her to play with Grace, and we made the rest of the fruit pizza. We were supposed to be at the shower at noon to help finish the set-up, but we weren't sure how long it would take to get there and we wanted some lunch so we left early. We also got there at about 11:40 and had time to kill. Grace took a little nap before the guests arrived and Samara decided to wake her up. The shower was lots of fun and Grace was an angel. She smiled and played with everyone, ate her lunch quietly, and when she started rubbing her eyes and I could tell she was tired, she went right to sleep on a blanket on the couch. It was perfect. After the shower, Erica had to head home :( Danialle, Grace, and I crashed on the couch for a quick catnap. Then we got up and went to Champps for dinner with Eric, Will, Samara, her sister, brother, and girlfriend. Grace was still perfect. She got hungry after our appetizers and finished her bottle before the main dishes came. Other than that she sat in her carseat, flirted with Danialle, and played with her rattle. After we got home, she took a bath, had a nightcap, and went right to bed. Saturday was the most well-behaved I'd ever seen her.

Sunday, on the other hand, made up for it. She cried pretty much all day. Maybe her tummy hurt or something, but she started crying on the way back from dropping Danialle at the airport, and pretty much kept it up the rest of the day and evening. She'd stop when you held her or when she was eating, but that was about it. She also spit up on me about 5 times though, so maybe she didn't feel well. I was about at my wits end last night when we couldn't get her to sleep before her 9:30 bottle. Finally, she just cried herself to sleep. Wow. What a weekend.

1 comment:

Kitten said...

Awww, I think she hated to see me go! I'll come back and take her on another date. :( I am glad I get to see her mommy in 2 short weeks though!!