Sunday, December 05, 2004

Our Water Broke

Yes, that's right. I got up this morning around 9:00 a.m. to get ready for church. I showered, did some of the getting ready stuff (lotion, contacts, teeth brushing), and then went downstairs to eat breakfast. I heard this weird plumbing type noise and then went back upstairs to see if Eric was in the shower. He was still in bed, so I reminded him that it was now 9:30 a.m. and church starts at 10:00, so he should probably get in the shower. I went back downstairs to finish my cereal. A few minutes later, he came downstairs and told me we had no water.

We went outside and found a couple of neighbors outside as well, no one has water. Apparently there was a water main break. No idea how long it will take to get fixed, but with the frequency I need to use the restroom, it better be soon. There's only one toilet we haven't flushed yet. We didn't make church, but I think I'm going to go to Wal-Mart and maybe hang out with Eric to watch football at BW3s so I'll have ready access to a bathroom at least until later this afternoon.

Oh yeah, sorry about the title. I had to do it. Hopefully, the real thing will happen soon!

4 comments:

Kitten said...

That's not nice!! I immediately started scanning the post for when you left for the hospital. You meanie. ;)

Kitten said...

As punishment, you must give us another belly pic so E & I can argue about whether you've "dropped." Hee hee.

Mrs. T said...

I agree w/ D. That was not nice, funny, but not nice! Especially since yesterday's post you were feeling different and said you were going to have the baby next week. I thought maybe Grace decided to rebel already! ha ha ha My first thought when reading the title was why haven't I been called...

Jennifer said...

Sorry everyone! By the way the water was turned back on and nothing eventful happened the rest of the weekend. I did get Eric to take a belly pic, as requested, but then I got a headache and didn't get around to posting it last night. I'll do some more updates tonight.