Saturday, March 01, 2008

Snow Princess


Snow Princess
Originally uploaded by Jenmomma
So maybe I'm biased, but isn't she gorgeous? Eric took this picture last week when we had a good snow coming down. Good thing I'm having another baby, because I don't think she qualifies as my baby anymore. She's so grown up. More recent pictures in Flickr.

I also wanted to do a quick pregnancy update. I'm now 28 weeks. I'm coming down the home stretch. Only 12 weeks left if I go to my due date. I'm hoping it's more like 10 to go. I'm definately feeling much more 3rd trimesterish. I'm getting more tired (although my schedule might have something to do with that), I can't do things as easily anymore. It's torture when Grace makes me hold her. I don't have anyplace to set her on my belly. I struggle when putting on socks and shoes, and getting off the floor or couch requires holding on to something. I don't think I'm waddling yet, but probably soon. I did finally take a belly picture! It was a week ago and is my Baby #2 Flicker set. I think my belly looks big, but my weight gain is still on the lower end. I've been gaining more lately, but I'm still in the 16 to 18 pound weight gain, which is completely normal, but not high by any means.

Luke is very active and now I can definately feel body parts when he moves. I can get a reaction out of him if I push on certain areas of my belly, which is reassuring when he's having a quieter day. Seems like there were some bigger movements over the last week or two, but I'm still guessing he's head down.

I think March is going to go extremely fast. I have a lot going on. Today is my birthday and in a few minutes, I'm leaving to go shopping at Babies R Us for Samara to get more of the baby necessities. I think Grace is coming too, so hopefully she's in a good mood. This afternoon, we have a babysitter and Eric and I are going to see SemiPro at the theater (can't remember the last movie we saw together!). Then we're going to Gingi's for dinner. Still not exactly sure who's coming with us, but doubtful that we'll be alone.

March is my busiest time at work, so I've got tons of meetings scheduled already. I think I'm down to only 7 or 8 work days during the month with no meetings or appointments scheduled. I've also got a couple of trips planned. I have to fly to Texas for work on 3/11-3/12, driving to a meeting about 1 1/2 hours away on 3/13, driving to Chicago 3/14 for GWO. I also have a trip to IN for work scheduled April 2 that is supposed to be about a 3 hour drive. With the exception of a meeting on 4/14 that is about 45 minutes away, I think that's my last trip until Luke comes. I also have 2 full weeks of school, plus the final left (ends 3/17). That is going well, just wears me out because I have to go.

I called and spoke to a lactation consultant last week and don't think I'm going to take a class this time. I just need to track someone down for help in the hospital and may need to do an individual appointment after we go home and try it. I did sign Grace up for a "Sibling Class" at the hospital the last week of April. I think they just talk about some of the stuff in the hospital, so it's not so scary when they visit and they get to take a tour and see the nursery and a newborn baby. Grace and I have been talking alot though, and I hope it's not too tramatic for her.

Ok, well I need to go make sure Grace didn't get naked while I've been on the computer, so we can leave to buy more baby stuff! If it's a big haul, maybe I'll take a picture when I get home.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday!

Lisa said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY JENNIFER! Hope you had a nice birthday weekend.

Oh my gosh, the pic of Grace makes her look so much older! She is definitely a beautiful little girl (& soon to be BIG SISTER!)

You & your baby belly look fabulous! I didn't gain as much weight with my 2nd pregnancy either & it made it SO much easier to drop the weight after the baby was born. Well, you are one busy lady. I don't know how the heck you do it! Have a great 3rd trimester!!!!

MargaritFox said...

She's BEAUTIFUL! May I please have a copy of this one for my Fridge? I'd love it