Saturday, March 08, 2008

Good Morning


Good Morning
Originally uploaded by Jenmomma
It's a lazy Saturday morning. I think this morning I'll just lounge around and then this afternoon I need to do some work (actually for work). I had hoped to do the grocery shopping today, but apparently we are having a blizzard, so we're not going anywhere. Hope I can get out tomorrow because I don't have any free days this week for shopping. Monday I have work and class, Tuesday morning I leave for a work trip to Texas. I get back at 5:30 on Wednesday and then have class. Thursday I have a work meeting and then am leaving for Chicago for the weekend.

Other things to update about:
1. Birthday Weekend
2. Pregnancy
3. Grace's big Potty milestone

My birthday weekend turned out very nice. Shopping wasn't as relaxing as I hoped as Grace was not very cooperative. She cried and threw fits most of the time. I did get some good stuff though. I bought an extra car seat base (more on that in a moment), bouncy seat, diaper bag, going home outfit, baby swimtrunks, and Big Sister t-shirts and Little Brother onesie among other things. After shopping, I brought Grace home for her nap and then we dropped her off at Kim's so we could go out. We went to see Semi-Pro at the theater with Will and Samara and Dane and Amy. It was funny and fun to be on a "date" with my hubby, but probably not my all-time favorite Will Ferrell movie. After the movie we went to Ginji's (a Japanese steakhouse) for dinner. Sunday was beautiful (close to 60 degrees) so after naptime we went to the zoo for a couple of hours. Then I did the grocery shopping and made the family dinner. It was very nice.

So our infant carrier car seat is a part of an Evenflo travel system. With Grace we were fine with one base because Eric did most of the drop-off and pick-ups from daycare and when I had her, I just used the seatbelt to strap the carrier in. Now, however, with two kids and me doing most of the daycare duty, I want a base in my car. Eric's hands are too big to easily strap the seat in with a seat-belt, so we need a 2nd base. Unfortunately, Evenflo only makes one base you can buy separately and it doesn't fit our car seat. I found that out when I brought it home. Now I had a delima because the only way to get two bases is to buy a different infant car seat that will work with the extra base. I found one on e-bay though and for $45 dollars (including shipping) I now have 2 infant car seats and 3 bases. I think our original one we'll just keep as an extra. I think I might take it for travel when we go to Iowa in June, so my parents can keep a base in their car and we don't have to dismantle ours.

Ok, so that sort of ran into pregnancy, but I do have an update on that. I'm now 29 weeks. Officially 11 left to go, but likely closer to 10. Last week I had some contractions. I call them contractions because they feel like I'm starting my period and just hurt for a minute or so before I feel normal again. Sunday they really started up in the evening, but I think it had a lot to do with all the walking at the zoo and grocery store, etc. Monday I tried to stay in my seat as much as possible at work, but still felt like I was having a lot, so I started keeping track of them around 11 a.m. From then until bedtime I had 16 contractions. Some were kind of close together (in the 20 minute range and 2 were only 3 minutes apart), but most of them were in the 30 to 45 minute range sometimes an hour apart. Tuesday was much better and I only had 5 or 6 all day.

Wednesday I had a doctors appointment, so I made sure to mention it to her. She didn't think that sounded like enough activity to cause cervical changes, but went ahead and checked me anyway. I am still completely closed and have not started softening yet, so it's good to know that those contractions did not get labor started at all. I also confirmed that I passed my glucose screening and I have now gained 17 pounds. I would be moving to 2 week appointments now, but Dr. B is out in two weeks, so we're going to wait 3 weeks. In 3 weeks we'll do an ultrasound and find out if Luke is on the above average side. I'm excited to see him again. I feel him constantly and he feels big!

Finally, Grace's milestone. She's been doing very very well over the last couple of months on the potty-training. I think she's only had 2 accidents in the last 6 weeks or so and both were during a nap. We've still been using pull-ups at night time though. Last night, I decided to give Grace a choice if she wanted to wear a pull-up or big girl underwear to bed. She choose underwear. I took an extra set of sheets upstairs just in case, but Grace did not have an accident in her bed. She woke up at about 4:45 a.m. and told me she needed to potty, so we went and then she went back to bed until about 7 a.m. I'm so proud of her. I don't think I'm going ot push it, but I'll keep giving her choices and hopefully we'll be completely pull-up free for a little while before I start buying tons of diapers.

No comments: