Saturday, February 16, 2008

New Bedding


New Bedding
Originally uploaded by Jenmomma
We got our tax money in! Yay! We also had two showings scheduled today and had to be out of the house from 11 to 1, so we did a little baby shopping. First we went to Once Upon A Child to see if any of the things I wanted were available "gently used" and cheaper. Didn't find anything there, so we went to lunch. After lunch we still had about an hour to kill, so we headed to Babies R Us. I had several coupons that expire next weekend including $20 off a stroller, 15% off crib bedding, 10% off Koala Baby bedding, and a $5 off purchase of $25 (exp. 4/08).

I thought since I had the coupons, the cash and the time, we pick up a couple things. We bought a Joovy sit&stand stroller. It has an attachment to hold the baby carrier, you can remove the attachment and there's a seat when baby is old enough to sit. Plus in the back there is a place for a toddler to stand and hold on or a bench seat so they can sit and ride. For our situation it's much better than a traditional double stroller, since Grace rarely will sit in a stroller any more. We also were looking at bedding and found a new bedding set that wasn't there when we registered. Both Eric and I liked it better, so we changed our theme up a bit and bought the new stuff instead. Glad he was with me! Because we changed the theme and thus some of the colors, I also wanted to get the crib sheets and changing pad covers, as the ones we had on the registry wouldn't have matched. We went with Navy instead of baby blue.

In the end we had a cart load including a stroller, 6-pc bedding set, 2 crib sheets, the changing pad (Grace's had too much wear and tear after two years of daily use), and 2 changing pad covers. Everything that we purchased was on my essentials list, thus my budget. Also, because we shopped this weekend and used my coupons I saved $63 on the order! Still spent $400, but I came in under budget. It sure is hard using only cash, but it feels good that this baby hasn't increased our debt!

Grace was ready for a nap though and I'm sure the store cheered when we left. She made it until we were about 3 minutes from home and then crashed in her seat. She was much better after her nap, thank goodness.

This afternoon, I went online and updated my registry. I removed all the old bedding stuff we registered for and added the new stuff we bought (and showed it as purchased). Just in case anyone shops for us, I want them to know what our actual theme is. There are two more pictures of the bedding and room if you go to my set on Flickr.

Good weekend so far. I still have things to buy and money to spend on Luke which will be fun. I think Samara and I may leave the girls and go shopping for most of the other stuff in 2 weeks, my little birthday gift to myself. I would have waited on this stuff, but the coupons were too good!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oooh, I like the new sorts theme bedding!

Sounds like you had a terrific start on your shopping for your little guy!

Lisa said...

oops, that's SPORTS not sort (hee hee!)