Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Luke 8 Months


Luke Crawling
Originally uploaded by Jenmomma
Today Luke is 8 months old. It's been a busy month for him! Of course our biggest milestone is crawling. He really just army crawls (see video evidence), but today he really seemed to be trying to get the hands and knee thing down. He can really get to anything he wants and is very happy about it. He's also grabbing onto things and trying to pull himself up. Not really successful yet, but I think that will come soon.

Other big milestone was his first tooth has broke the skin. Still not completely in yet, but you can see it if he'll let you get his mouth open and tounge out of the way.

We also are officially done breastfeeding. I hadn't nursed at all since before Christmas, but once last week, Luke had a rough patch overnight and I went to his room and held him in the rocker. I decided to offer the breast and he latched on for a few seconds then stopped and looked at me and gave me a big smile. Then he tried again for a few more seconds and then stopped and decided to suck his thumb instead. So, I guess that's the end. Amazingly, I haven't been uncomfortable at all. I think I dropped feedings/pumping slowly enough and supplemented even when my supply was dropping, so I never got engorged. A little sad, but hopefully someday there will be another baby and we'll get to do it again.

Another skill I've noticed is that he is picking up items using his thumb and forefinger. He loves to eat "puffs" and can feed them to himself off of his highchair tray.

That's about all that's different from the midmonth update I did a couple weeks ago.

Also, as an FYI, I just figured out how to take video on my digital camera and I may be purchasing a digital camcorder soon, so stay tuned for more videos!

No comments: