Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thumb Sucker


Sucking His Thumb
Originally uploaded by Jenmomma
Luke has found his hands and is very attached to his thumb. The nice thing is that if he loses his pacifier, he'll just search for his hand until he finds that thumb and then goes to town. It's kind of cute and convenient!

Things keep improving at Amy's for him as they get used to each other and he starts getting more of a routine. She's even getting him to nap in a crib thanks to her amazing swaddling skills. My skills aren't as great, so I bought a swaddling blanket with the velcro to try it. Works ok except he gets an arm out in about 30 seconds. He's just too long to get his feet in the pocket and his shoulders below the top of the blanket. Oh well, he seems to like it anyway.

He's been getting progressively better at night. He routinely has been falling asleep between 7 and 8 pm. Usually on the couch, but tonight I put him in his crib at 7:45 p.m. (awake) and after one fussy time and I checked on him (didn't pick him up) he fell asleep without even crying. We're at about 35 minutes later and he's still asleep. He's started spacing the evening/overnight feedings to 4 hours regularly and sometimes even 5. Not sure we're close to going all night yet, but hopefully not much longer.

Since he's asleep in the crib, I'm considering trying to keep him there all night. I've been bringing him to bed for his overnight feeding and then just keeping him there. I need to get him used to his crib because as of now, I anticipate that I will have an overnight trip away from him for at least one night in August, a whole weekend in September, and a work trip to Alabama in October. Eric needs to be able to get him to sleep in his bed.

Ok, Grace is in the bathtub and I gotta get her ready for bed. Goodnight!

No comments: