Monday, January 21, 2008

Ultrasound Pictures


Profile- 20w3d (Edited)
Originally uploaded by Jenmomma
I finally uploaded 3 of my favorites from the ultrasound 2 weeks ago. This one is the profile of his face. I also have one of the foot and the boy parts if you click and visit the set in Flickr.

Pregnancy stuff is going well. I feel much bigger lately. Wouldn't know since I haven't been taking pictures! I also have started gaining weight. At my doctor's appointment last week I was up 5 pounds for the month for a total of 11 pounds since my first visit. At home I haven't gotten around to a morning weight, but I think I'm at around 12 pounds total wieght gain. With just under 18 weeks to go, that would still put me at about 30 pounds total if I do the 1 pound per week gain. Seems like my appetite is picking up though, so I'm not sure that will be feasable.

We're still up in the air on the name, but I really think it will end up being Luke. Grace and I always call him Baby Luke and I've caught Eric saying it a couple times, so I think that will be it, but he hasn't officially agreed to it yet.

He's definately getting bigger and stronger. The kicks are becoming harder not to notice. I think he even got the hickups last week for the first time (that I noticed). Last night he must have been doing flips or stretching or something because I felt it both down low and up high at the same time. Seems like he always kicks way down low in the pubic region. I remember Grace's kicks by my belly button or above. Last night though, I definately felt some above my belly button, so maybe he's going to start spending some time head down. I know we've still got some time before position is important, but I want to be sure he knows how to get in that position!

We finally are done with the rearranging of the rooms and decorating. Last Tuesday, we got new carpet upstairs in Grace's "new" room, along with the hallway and stairs. Finally, I don't smell cat upstairs. Eric and I pulled up some of the old carpet by ourselves the day before and painted some Killz on the floor, so the smell shouldn't come back. After it was installed, I put together Grace's new headboard and dresser and moved all of her stuff (except for her fish tank) to her new room. She's been sleeping there all week. This weekend I finally converted the toddler bed back to a crib and brought all the baby stuff up from the basement. We will still need to buy the bedding and decorative stuff for the baby's room, but won't do that until we get our tax return this year. Being on a budget is tough.

I think Grace is getting impatient about waiting on the baby. I think she notices I'm getting bigger, because she asks alot if the baby is coming out yet. The other night I had class and she asked Eric if I had the baby. Poor girl still needs to wait 4 more months. She still seems happy about it though and is completely ok with her "old" room being the baby's room and liked looking at all the stuff with me when we pulled it out and put it away.

Suddenly, 4 months doesn't seem long to wait. January is going very quickly. Work has been keeping me busy. February is already a shorter month. I have a feeling I'm going to blink and realize it's March and somehow I'm 7 months pregnant! It's ok though. Once we get all the stuff we need to buy. I think I'm ready. I still love pregnancy, but I think I'm ready to tackle the baby part too.

On another note, Grace started with our new child-care provider today. Luckily, I think I was more nervous than she was. I hope it all goes extremely well as financially it is helping us out tremendously. I hope we're really happy and feel very good about it before the baby comes and she gets to watch both of them. No phone calls yet, so that's a good sign. I'm off work today for the holiday, so I'll probably go get her early just to see how it went.

2 comments:

Tomika said...

Our pediatrician's kids are named Grace and Luke...so maybe those names are meant to go together! Would love to see some belly pics if you ever get a chance.

Lisa said...

Beautiful pics of baby Luke (I've always LOVED that name!)