Tuesday, October 16, 2007

8 Weeks, 1 Day (4 days later)

I wrote this last Friday (8 weeks, 1 day), but never got around to posting. So here’s how I felt at 8 weeks. I also took a belly picture that day and uploaded it finally last night.

Here is the comparison between my 8 week symptoms with Grace and 8 week symptoms with #2 (I need a better name.)

Last time my symptoms included:
• Nausea (worst between 8 and11 a.m.) – This time I am generally more queasy than nauseous, but mostly an overwhelming “blah” sensation. It does seem to get worse if I’m hungry, but then I feel less like eating. I feel the best right after lunch, but then I get extremely tired. UPDATED: Now closer to 9 weeks, we’ve moved from queasy to nauseous. Uggh.
• I had lost 2 to 3 pounds. – No losing weight. I’ve gained about 3 pounds. Not an obscene amount, but still going the opposite direction.
• Bra size increased by 1 cup size. – This time it doesn’t seem as noticeable, although Eric’s made some comments. I haven’t switched to a bigger size or anything. UPDATED: Had some growth since last Friday. I think I wore my favorite black push-up bra for the last time this week.
• Fast growing fingernails. – This time I haven’t really noticed any abnormal growth.
• Wanted more carbs and milk, but less protein. – This time I haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary, except I want my food to be very flavorful. Sodium sounds good. I had to get Chinese the other day and alfredo sauce sounds wonderful. No problems eating any kind of meat. I haven’t really been drinking milk either, although I had cereal a couple days this week and did have some milk and graham crackers for a snack one night.
• Slight constipation – This time I have no noticeable constipation. If anything I’ve been incredibly regular
• Fatigue – worse after lunch and right at 5 pm. – This time it’s getting bad. I would die for a nap everyday, but life doesn’t really allow for that. I am barely on time for work in the mornings (can’t get out of bed). I also catch myself drifting off while watching TV which I never used to do.
• Increased emotionalism. This time nothing really obvious. Although, the dog has been incredibly annoying lately. I find myself snapping at Grace when she’s whiney, and I think I’m complaining a lot at work about feeling icky. UPDATED – I’m more cranky with Eric too. He’s kind of walking on egg shells.
• Acne (a couple of blemishes) – This time, thankfully, no problems.
• Felt like waistline was expanding – This time I have pulled out my “fat pants” from after I had Grace. I also made a purchase and pulled all my maternity clothes out. I’m going to put it off until my regular pants don’t fit, but expect I only have 2 more weeks or so. Although, last night I think I felt my uterus. It was a hard roundish surface just at my bikini line. Funny, that isn’t where my pants are getting tight… UPDATED – I’m on my last days of non-maternity wear.

Also, a new symptom this time is that I’ve been having sexual dreams. I’m not overly interested when I’m awake, but I dream a lot at night. Good dreams. 

I have my first OB appointment on Wednesday. I’m really excited about this pregnancy with Dr. B. I’ll update with the details hopefully before the end of the weekend.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh, just pull out those maternity clothes & be comfy! It's definitely true what they say about subsequent pregnancies - your stomach pooches out about 5 minutes after conception! I had to start wearing maternity clothes around 9 weeks with my 2nd pregnancy, as opposed to 13 weeks with my 1st. Sounds like things are going smoothly in your 1st trimester. Hope the nausea doesn't last too long. I think it's so neat that I've been following you on your journey since you were pregnant with Grace!